Mizuno hasn't just perfected a shoe, it's mastered a style. It doesn't just make an argument for a lightweight daily trainer for high caliber athletes, it evokes the weekend warrior runners for whom the daily grind and the personal best are given goals when it comes to training. The Rider fits for them too - not exclusively, but in the first instance. This is the target market, with very few sneaker heads among them. So reassuring shows of comfort and durability, in place through the U4icX heel wedge and triple zoned engineered mesh, come as naturally as the flashy colours. Situated in a reality that covets a 5k goal race as high as the Boston marathon, this 20th turn on the Wave constitutes near-ineffable proof of viability and necessity when it comes to all-purpose runners.
- Cloudwave consists of a redesigned elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride.
- Smooth Ride is a gender specific network of grooves that minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot to create a smooth heel to toe ride.
- U4ic is a lightweight midsole that provides optimal shock absorption, improved durability and a resilient ride.
- U4icX Heel Wedge is a lighter, more cushioned version of U4ic that delivers a soft, pillowy underfoot feel for cushion upon impact.
- X10 located in the heel is made of durable carbon rubber for enhanced traction.
- Blown rubber in the forefoot increases cushioning and responsiveness.
- Flex Controllers placed in high flex areas on the outsole act as miniature wave plates for increased flexibility and reduced weight.
- Dynamotion Fit creates optimal fit with stretch material in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
- Dual Zone engineered mesh in the forefoot is updated to better respond to foot movements for a distraction-free fit.
- Premium Anatomical Sockliner helps provide a natural fit while creating a softer feel directly beneath the foot.
- U4icX Strobel Lasting board for a comfortable and cushioned underfoot feel.