Fast and light, Atomic Backland 85 UL is a top-end, supremely lightweight endurance touring ski and one of the lightest touring skis Atomic makes. Slightly wider than the Backland 78 UL and powered with reengineered futuristic Carbon Fiberglass construction, this ski delivers snappy kick turns and speed on the skin track. The Ultra Light Woodcore construction provides extremely lightweight skiing performance and exceptionally efficient, fast climbing. All Mountain Rocker allows for smooth and stable performance on the descent while HRZN Tech in the tip floats in fresh snow and charges through chop and crud. And for racers, the cut-out notch in the tips makes transitioning Atomic pre-fit skins super quick and easy.
- A broad, beveled tip with 10% more surface area for floatation and decreased tip deflection in chop.
- The poplar and caruba woodcore create a balance of low weight and optimum performance.
- An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone.
- Construction with Carbon Fiberglass composite layers for an ultralight, powerful, dynamic ski.
- Minimal tail rocker for more edge contact creating better grip and stability.
- Sidewall from base to top sheet for great edge grip, with a rounded shape for increased durability.
- A glossy topsheet gives your ski a polished, glassy finish for a super-sleek high-end look.
- Ski profile for on or off piste. Early rise in the tip, or in tip and tail for total versatility.
- A side edge angle of 87° for more intuitive handling, easier skiing and better grip.
- A 1.0° base edge angle for easy turning, excellent edge grip and aggressive tracking.