- Flint and magnesium rods are embedded in a robust handle, meaning your grip will not disappear as you shave off the magnesium—unlike with traditional magnesium fire starters
- Robust handle offers a large grip to start a fire easily, even with cold fingers
- Steel striker has a curved edge to make scraping a pile of magnesium easier and a straight edge for striking against the flint rod
- Striking the straight edge against the flint rod creates a shower of sparks to ignite the magnesium and light your kindling
- Long-lasting ferrocerium (flint) rod creates enough sparks to start over 100 fires
- Magnesium flakes burn hot and fast, reaching up to 5,400°F to easily ignite any tinder
- A bottle opener is included on the steel striker, so you can relax with a cold beverage once your fire is burning steadily
Before starting a fire outdoors, review Leave No Trace principles and safe extinguishing practices. Always check the land manager's current regulations for information on where to build a fire, appropriate wood to use and potential burn bans.