If you frequently find yourself exploring the deep powder of the backcountry, you should become better acquainted with the Montane. Featuring Atlas’s best-in-class tubular frame, the Reactiv™, for improved flotation and responsiveness, the Montane takes backcountry performance to new heights. Comfortable and easy to use, the all-new Montane Wrapp-BC™ binding is lighter in weight and features a sleek crampon-style yoke binding helping eliminate pressure points while ensuring a secure fit. Heel and ankle strap roller buckles allow quick, easy, and intuitive access in and out of the bindings. While 19° heel lifts provide relief on ascents.
- The Wrapp™ Swift binding blends a technical fit with great comfort and ease of use thanks to the positive toe locater, warm EVA padding, and straps that cinch and release seamlessly.
- The EZ Heel Buckle is single handed convenience while ensuring all-day comfort.
- Our most recent patent, the variable forming of our aluminum ReactiV™ frame changes from a cylindrical to an elliptical shape to increase strength where the frame bears the greatest load for a stiffer, more responsive snowshoe frame.
- Flexible Nytex decking is forgiving and quiet when hiking in the cold, providing durability without the weight.
- Precision-focused, Spring-Loaded™ Suspension’s (SLS) patented design, suspends the snowshoe close underfoot so it can move freely with its intended articulation, absorbing impact, flexing naturally side-to-side, and allowing deeper crampon penetration into the slope for an compromised stride.
- The time-tested geometry of our All-Trac™ toe crampon provides traction in all directions. Wider traction tabs on the sides and corners complement sharp front and rear points for confident hiking.
- The weight-activated, StabiLock Rear Traction optimizes weight distribution to its serrated traction elements, for sure footing on the most technical terrain.
- 19 degree heel lift - Provides relief when climbing those long steep hills, and easily stores for flats and descents.